Veggiemuse About the Artist

Veggiemuse About the Artist

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Beginning of my Company




My decorative art company started, kind of on it's own...

It was about a week after I graduated from The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, California. It was December 1987, just before the holidays and my parents took me on a cruise to celebrate.

I had hand painted two denim jackets, one for myself and one for my mom. We both wore them on the trip. Remember, this was the late 80's.

Selling the jackets wasn't my motivation for creating them, but the response was so great I started taking orders on the airplane! I continued with the hand painted clothing and licensing my art to small manufacturers...mostly children's' items...and it gradually evolved into painting murals, trompe l'oeil, decorative finishes and home accessories. I also offered a wide variety of painting and craft classes. I then added handmade jewelry collections to my line and started custom designing tattoos.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment on my career path.

My goal has always been to provide personalized service and unique, timeless art and design.

As for my business names...

Empire Celebrations was the name I used for many years...I chose it because I met my wonderful husband at a place in Arizona called "The Empire"...and it had a lot of meaning for us.

I chose to change my company name to "Creative Potential" several years later because I feel everyone has "Creative Potential". 


Now the name "Veggiemuse" more closely represents me and where I am currently in my life. I have found my ultimate muse.

No comments: